Our team of dedicated Course Consultants and Academic Staff are available to assist you with any questions or advice you need.

How to book a course

Starting your search for the perfect course and teacher

1 – View our range of courses. We have courses for Adults (18+), Junior (10-17), Children (5-9) and Families.

If you need help choosing a course, contact a Bucksmore Homelingua Course Consultant or use the Live Chat in the bottom-right corner.


2 – Browse our selection of professional teachers. We can help you choose a teacher.

Tell us what your interests, hobbies and personal requirements are and we will find the perfect teacher.


3 – If you are happy to book the course, complete the online booking form and pay a £200 or €200 deposit.

The deposit is required to book the course and teacher. For courses starting in the next month, full payment is required. Payment of the deposit or course fee is required within 3 days of the teacher profile being sent.


4 – We will send you course enrolment documents and contact details about your teacher. If you need a visa to study in the United Kingdom, we can provide a visa letter to help you apply after full payment of the course fee has been made. You will need to complete an online placement test and provide travel details, including arrival time.

Bucksmore Homelingua can arrange a car transfer service to meet you at the airport or Eurostar station and take you to the teacher’s house for an additional charge. 


5 – Before your course starts, the teacher will contact you and ask what you want to study and to do when you are on the course. It is very important you give as much information as possible so the teacher can create a personalised course for you.

If you want to visit any major attractions or shows, please contact Bucksmore Homelingua so we can arrange this for you. There is an additional charge for entrance fees and theatre tickets.


6 –  If you need any help or advice, please contact our team of Bucksmore Homelingua Course Consultants. Our team is available 24 hours a day for emergencies and assistance.


When do I need to book my course?

Our advice is always to book as soon as you can, and many of our students book 4-12 weeks before the course starts. However, we can often arrange a course with only a few days notice. Our busiest season is June until September. Before you book a course, check that you can get a flight to the UK or Ireland and that you have the required visa.


What happens after I have booked my course?

  1. We will send you the course enrolment documents. We will also send you a statement and the balance due, including the deadline for paying the course fee.
  2. Before your course starts, your Bucksmore Homelingua teacher will contact you and discuss your course and academic needs. It’s also a good time to let your teacher know if there are any foods you do not like.
  3. We require full payment of your course fee 4 weeks before the start of your course. After receiving full payment we will send all details required such as the full address of your teacher, local area information and details on how to get to your teacher’s home.
  4. A week or so before your departure we will contact you to check that you have everything prepared for starting your course.


I need a visa letter to apply for short-term visitor visa. Can you help me?

Bucksmore Homelingua can provide a letter confirming your enrolment and course which can be used to make an application for a United Kingdom short-term visitor visa. An original copy of the visa letter can be sent to your home address for an additional charge. The visa letter can be produced only after full payment has been received.